Math Tips For Students and Teachers
In this section of our site you will find a wide variety
of math articles and advice on various topics within the subject of math.
We hope to offer a great deal of encouragement to youngsters, teachers,
Math By Grade Level
- What Do You Learn About Math in Kindergarten Through Grade 2?
- What Do You Learn About Math in Kindergarten?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in First Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Second Grade?
- What Do You Learn About Math in Grades 3 through 5?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Third Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Fourth Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Fifth Grade?
- What Do You Learn About Math in Sixth Grade?
- What Do You Learn About Math In Grade 6 through Grade 8?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught In Seventh Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Eighth Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Ninth Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught In Tenth Grade?
- What Math Concepts Are Taught in Eleventh Grade?
- What Do You Learn About Math in Twelfth Grade?
- What Are High School Students Learning in Math Class?
Graphs and Data
- 10 Reasons why it is important to understand Mathematical Patterns?
- Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, and Line Graphs: How are they similar and how are they different?
- How Do Data Tables Make Our Lives Easier?
- How do polls and surveys shape the world we live in?
- How does Coordinate Graphing Differ from Other Forms of Graphs?
- How does math help us make predictions?
- What Are the Similarities and Differences of Histograms, Stem-and-Leaf Plots, Box Plots and Scatter Plots?
- What Is A Graph Good For Anyway?
- What do graphs do for us in the business world?
- Why Do We Learn About Coordinate Graphs?
- Why is Graphing So Important in your Life Anyway?
How To Make Math Easier
- 5 Everyday uses of Rounding Numbers
- 5 Fun Math Games that you can play at home with children
- 10 Common Mistakes When Preparing For A Math Test
- 10 Practical Tips for Motivating Kids to Improve Their Math Skills
- 10 Study Tips for Math Class
- 10 Ways We Use Math Everyday
- 20 Tips for Helping Children Become Good Problem Solvers
- A Problem a Day Makes the Bad Math Grades Go Away
- An Impossible Math Problem! What Do You Do?
- How to get an A+ on every math test you take
- How to Reduce Anxiety and Nervousness on Math Tests
- How To Use the Internet to Learn Math
- Solve Math Problems by Using an Outline: Plan of Action
- What are Prime Numbers and why are they important?
- What is the Deal with PEMDAS?: Order of Operations
Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Fractions, Decimals,
and Percents: How do they relate and how do they differ?
- How we use decimals everyday and don't even realize it.
- How we use fractions everyday and don't even realize it.
- When Do You Use: Fractions, Decimals, and Percents?
- Why are Fractions So Important in your life anyway?
- What are similarities and differences between fractions and ratios?
Elementary Math Tips
- 5 Easy Ways to Learn Addition
- 5 Fun Ways to Learn Subtraction: Critical Thinking Activities
- 5 Easy Ways to Practice Multiplication Skills
- 5 Fun Ways to Teach Addition: Interactive Connections
- 5 Fun Ways to Teach Counting
- 5 Fun Ways to Teach Division: Making it Real
- 5 Fun Ways to Teach Subtraction: What is the Difference?
- 10 Awesome Reasons Why Addition is Important in your Life
- 10 Mega Reasons Why Subtraction is Important in your Life
- 10 Big Reasons Why Division is Important in your Life
- 10 Super Reasons Why Multiplication is Important in your Life
- Five Fun Ways to Teach Multiplication
- Five Easy Ways to Learn Subtraction
- How Are Addition and Multiplication Related?
- Tips for Reinforcing Good Problem Solving Skills
High School Math Tips
- 10 Everyday Reasons Why Algebra is Important in your Life
- 10 Everyday Reasons Why Equations Are Important in your Life
- 10 Everyday Reasons Why Statistics are Important in your Life
- 10 Everyday Reasons Why Trigonometry is Important in your Life
- Ten Tips to Become Better at Algebra
- 10 Shocking Reasons Why Geometry is Important in your Life
- Linear, Non-Linear, Differential, and Quadratic Equations: Oh My!
- We Use Algebra Everyday?
- What is Algebra? What do we use it for?
- What is the difference between an Expression and an Equation?
- What Are High School Students Learning in Math Class?
- What Are Logarithms? When Do We Use Them?
- What the differences between a linear equation and a quadratic equation?
- What's a Polynomial Anyway?
- Why is calculating the probability of events important in life?
- Why is important that someone on this planet understands the geometry of a circle?
- Why is important that someone on this planet understands the geometry of a rectangle?
- Why is important that someone on this planet understands the geometry of a triangle?
- Why Should We Care About Quadratic Equations?
Math Teacher Math Tips
- 10 Tips for New Math Teachers
- 10 Ways to Motivate Elementary Students to Value Math
- 10 Ways to Motivate High School Students to Value Math
- How Math Teachers can make learning more Hands-on
- How To Become A Strong Math Student
- How to Teach the Concept of Place Value
- Why getting the correct math answer is not always important: Show your work!
Understanding Math Can Make You Money
- 10 Awesome Jobs that Require Great Math Skills
- 10 Reasons to Pay Special Attention When Your Teacher Is Going Over Interest Rates
- How a single percentage point (+ or -) in a interest rate can change your life?
- Understanding Patterns and Sequences in the Stock Market
- Why Giving Your Child an Allowance Is an Important Learning Experience
Math In The Real World
- Common Shapes We See Everywhere We Go: Looking at What You See!
- Did you know they used Geometry to Build Your School?
- How do the Math Skills In The United States Stack Up To The Rest Of The World
- The Geometric Shapes You See Everyday and Don't Realize it
- The Math Used in Professional Auto Racing
- The Math Used in Professional Baseball: More than a Game
- The Math used in Professional Basketball
- The Math Used in Professional Football
- The Math Used In Professional Ice Hockey
- The Math used in Professional Soccer
- Want to be a World Class Chef? Learn Your Fractions!
- What are square roots and squaring used for in the real world?
- Why Do We Have Time Zones and Daylight Savings?
- Why is Math the Only True Universal Language?
- What is Probability? How Does It Shape Our Lives?
- Why are Word Problems So Important in your Life Anyway?
- Why is Math Important in your Life?
- Why Solving Puzzles Prepares You For The Real World
- Why Your Success In Math Will Follow You Everyday Of Your Life
- 10 Everyday Reasons Why Measurement is Important in your Life?
- Did You Know That We Are Constantly Using Our Measurement Skills?
- Learning Measurements by using your Kitchen
- Tips For Guessing How Many Jellybeans Are In A Jar
- What is the difference between exponential and scientific notation?
- What Systems of Measurement Are Used Throughout the World?
- Why are there different systems of measurement?
- Why do we have units of measurement?
- Why Every Child Should Wear an Analog Watch
Strange Math Concepts
- 10 Reasons Everyone Should Master Math
- Is there really such a thing as negative numbers?
- The History of Calculators
- Two Dimensions versus Three Dimensions: What's the big deal?
- Video Game Graphics: It's all about Geometry!
- Want to be better at Video Games? Learn more about Patterns!
- What's Up with Pi: Apple or Blueberry?
- Why do we use symbols in Math?